Pro Instructors of Philadelphia
- Specializes in photographing landscape, nature, architecture, street, abstractions, and museum and artist artifacts
- Shooting locally in and around Philadelphia, up and down the east coast and the western U.S., and Europe
- Completed Contemporary Practice Photography Certificate program at Philadelphia Photo Arts Center (PPAC)
- Multiple exhibitions at PPAC, book, and lecture
- Member of American Society of Media Photographers
- Reformed marketing scientist who has turned to the light/dark side
Carl's portrait photos were taken by Brent Reaney.
- Featured in "25 Best Tours for Getting to Know Philadelphia"
- Taught photography and color darkroom technique.
- 1985 Founded Earth Light Images.
- Awards from New Jersey Center For the Visual Arts, The Perkins Art Center, the Mid Atlantic Arts Council, the Chestnut Hill Arts Association as well as the city of Philadelphia.
-Graduate Student at Tyler School of Art
-Photographs have been exhibited both nationally and internationally
-Coffee and honey enthusiast
-Born in WA, raised in FL
- Specializes in photojournalism, and documentary photo essays
- Staff photographer at the Philadelphia Inquirer from 1988-2007, and traveled to Haiti, Israel, India, the Dominican Republic, Guatemala, Western Europe, North Viet Nam and Morocco
- On-going personal project with co-photographer Linda Johnson documents the state of Pennsylvania county by county
- Taught photography at Stockton State College, Drexel University, in Philadelphia area art centers and private workshops
- Philadelphia photographer
- Known for corporate, industrial and architectural photography
- Member of the American Society of Media Photographers (ASMP) (Philadelphia Chapter)
- Philadelphia based documentary photographer
-Former staff photographer for Philadelphia Inquirer
- From a family of Painters
- Worked for an audio/visual department for a college
- Runs his own Photo School
- Wedding and celebrity photographer
-Published in Fashion, Lifestyle and Bridal magazines such as Time, Life, Town & Country, Elle, Fusion, Philadelphia Magazine, Martha Stewart Weddings, Grace Ormonde, Brides, Modern Bride, The Knot, Elegant Bride, Wedding Pages, My Wedding and Philadelphia Weddings.
- Featured in The Best of Wedding Photography (Amherst Media) featuring the top six photographers in the country. It is Phil's image that graces the cover.
- Recently, the editors of The Knot turned to Phil for the cover shot of their latest hardcover book The Complete Guide to Weddings in the Real World (Doubleday Broadway Publishing).
-Travel assignments through the US and Canada
-Celebrity shoots including the likes of Paul Newman, Sylvester Stallone
-Commercial clients include BMW, Panasonic, IBM, Sony, Tamron, Oleg Cassini, Ford, Chevy, Traveling Moms, USO
-Photos published world-wide including U.S. credits Popular Photography, (including cover), Shutterbug, Pro Photo Daily, TakeGreatPictures, Indy Car Magazine
-Also teaches for Unique University and is a Panasonic Luminary
- Specializes in fine art photography and darkroom and digital manipulation
- Photography widely exhibited, including the Museum of Fine Arts Houston, Perkins Art Center, MT Burton Gallery, Silicon Gallery, Camera Club of New York, Pace Digital Gallery, Scarfone/Hartley Gallery, Museum of Modern Art MOMA, Johnson & Johnson Corp. Gallery, ArtLink, Catoe & Bambu, Photo Expo New York, Limner Gallery, Abington Art Center
- Represented by Quality Pictures Gallery in Portland, Oregon, which will showcase Wright's work in the city's upcoming annual art fair and included in group show summer 2008
- Awards include Perkins Art Center Juror’s Prize, The Print Center’s Digital Mural Project, digitalFOTO Magazine Contest, PDN Digital Contest Gallery
- Teaching two summer classes throughout July at Rio Grande University. The classes are titled "Photographer as Sculptor" and "Photographer as Architect", and writes professional photo tips using his own photography on.