Pro Instructors of Boston
-Began taking photos at age 6 and continued through acquiring a degree in Photography from New England School of Photography in 2001
-Published in Keyboard, New York Times, Scene, JamBase and Glide.
-Clients include Subaru of New England, Boston Children’s Hospital, Berklee College of Music, Kingsley Montessori School
-Well established as portrait photographer of well known models and musicians for album covers, DVD covers and magazine covers, both in print and on-line
-First wildlife photography experience was as a teenager at a 140,000-acre camp in New Mexico, including a merit badge in Photography.
-Expertise continued with the Digital Age and role soon grew to instruction in workshops focusing on Wildlife, Landscape and Creative Flower, all including Creative Post Processing
-Travel photography includes experiences among world destinations such as Africa, the Pentanal in Brazil, Falkland Islands, British Columbia, Hudson Bay, Patagonia, Bornieo, Galapagos, the Equator and over 50 locations in the U.S.
-Signature workshops are held at the photogenic Triple D Game Farm in Kalispell, Montana.
-Freelance photographer/video maker
-Affiliated with Aurora Photos
-Nominated for a Pulitzer Prize by the Philadelphia Inquirer
-Worked on assignment for such magazines as Fortune, Life, National Geographic, Newsweek, The Sunday New York Times, Time, etc.
-Two Fulbright fellowships, a grant from Nikon/N.P.P.A., a fellowship from the Pennsylvania Council on the Arts
- Specializes in Business and Professional Portraiture and stock photography
- Clients include ThermoElectron, Boston Cure, Lifespan, Pfizer, Boston Whaler, and Old Spice
- Has taught photography at Tuft’s, Roxbury Latin School, Simmons College, and the Art Institute of Boston
-20X24 Holdings, LLC-Executive Director, owner of 20 X 24 Polaroid camera, one of 5 in the world
-International Center of Photography, Maine Media Workshops, Santa Fe Workshops annual workshop leader
-Palm Beach Photographic Center Instructor and Lecturer, Adobe Software
-Polaroid Corporation Artistic and Technical Director from 2000 to 2008
- Freelance editorial, corporate, and portraiture photographer
- Clients include Tufts Health Plan, Fidelity, Investment News, Entrepreneur Magazine, Aramark, Pioneer Investments, Joslin Diabetes Center, Freddie Mac, and Harvard University
- Special interest in Panoramic Landscape photography
- Lou Jones is one of Boston's most diverse & inspiring commercial & fine art photographers, known for his courage, creative skill & humanity.
- He specializes in photo illustration & location photography for corporate, advertising & editorial clients.
-Exhibiting Member of Providence Art Club
-National and international award winning art director and photographer
-Founded Peter Miller Fine Art Photography Gallery in Providence
- Professional Photographer Leadership Award from the International Photographic Council, a non-governmental organization of the United Nations.
- Invited to China by the China Photographers Association to be a guest lecturer on the business of digital photography at the Pingyao International Photography Show.
- The President and Chairman of Board of the national trade association for photographers American Society of Media Photographers.
- Member of Adobe's Photographer Council and Microsoft's Pro Photo Summits. Photoshop and Lightroom beta tester.
- Co-author of Universal Photographic Digital Imaging Guidelines
- Co-author of Professional Business Practices in Photography.
- 16 photo books, including "Extraordinary Boston"
- 20 years publishing as "Back Bay Press"
- Numerous magazines, including Dwell, Preservation, Afar, Black Enterprise, GEO, Yankee, Boston Magazine, American Heritage
- Over 1,000 students in DPA workshops
- Featured on a USPS Postage Stamp - "EarthScape" - Forever.