Join our photo lessons at Yonge-Dundas Square, which is one of the excellent locales in the rotation of many Toronto venues that offer terrific photo opportunities.
The Toronto area is full of great photo opportunities, no part more so than Yonge-Dundas Square, a focal part of the downtown Toronto community.
Famous for its bright lights and advertisements, it is a perfect place to juxtapose colorful, shiny consumerism and passers-by’s reactions to it.
It is a perfect place for portraits of interesting and zany people and bright lights, but it’s also a fantastic place for images of beautiful and interesting architecture, modern and gleaming and old-world, both, which your DPA instructor will teach you to capture. Leading lines and camera angles can transform a building into a gorgeous image.
- North or South On the Yonge subway line, exit at the Dundas subway stop.
- East or West Take the 505 Dundas East or West Streetcar, exit at Yonge Street.
For further information, check Toronto Transit Web Site or contact 416-393-INFO (4686).
GO Transit: Take the Go Train to Union Station, change to the TTC Yonge Subway line and exit at the Dundas stop. For further information, check the Go Transit Web Site or contact 416-869-3200.
Get here by car
- Highway 401 East or West to Yonge Street, South on Yonge Street to Dundas Street.
- Gardiner Expressway East or West to Yonge Street, North on Yonge Street to Dundas Street.
Where to park
- A 250-car parking garage is located underneath the Square.
- Additional parking is also available in the vicinity at the Eaton Centre, Atrium, and Ryerson University garages.
Walking downtown? Want to get out of the rain?
Take “PATH” – downtown Toronto’s underground walkway linking 27 kilometres of shopping, services and entertainment. Follow PATH and you’ll reach Yonge-Dundas Square in weatherproof comfort.