Pro InstructorsLos Angeles
Pro Instructors of Los Angeles
-Lived and photographed all over the world including Taiwan, Denmark, Switzerland, Hong Kong, New York, Philadelphia, Los Angeles
-Don’t obsess over gear, obsess over creativity.
-Getting up early and staying late will reward you with beautiful light.
-Visualize your image before you take it.
- Photographer for the Los Angeles Daily News since 1992
- Covered The Oscars, Emmy Awards, Grammys, NBA, NFL, MBL, breaking news, and portraits.
- Masters in Documentary Photography from the University of South Wales, UK
- Traveled the world shooting for clients such as Save the Children, Sustainable Harvest, Direct TV, Life Straw, and Destination Downtown.
- Over 7 years teaching experience
- Teaching Philosophy: to empower and inspire students to photograph the world on their own.
-Degree in fine art photography from the Academy of Art in San Francisco
-Produced three public solo shows of his photographs
-Spent eight years in the Navy as a cryptologist
- Fashion and fine art photographer since 1997
- Jimmy bounces back and forth between the USA and Cape Town.
- An award-winning staff photographer at the Los Angeles Daily News, and has been since 1992.
- He has photographed every president since Nixon
- Covers the Academy Awards, the Emmy Awards, the NBA Finals, the Super Bowl, and the Rose Bowl
- Managing partner of the full service digital capture company, Image Mechanics
- Worked in film and television, shooting unit stills and galleries for over 10 years and served as a computer consultant for renowned photographer Michael Grecco.
- Instrumental in developing Image Mechanics revolutionary digital capture workflow and continues to brand the company’s unique style.
- Consulted on Aperture, tapped by Adobe to write the manual for Lightroom, and contributes to several online communities including the Image Mechanics Blog - DeathToFilm.com
- Event photography
- Photographs have been featured in photography newsletters, the Downtown LA Art Walk
- Classes in nonprofit sectors, for adults, and for underprivileged youth