Pro InstructorsNew York
Pro Instructors of New York
- Emphasis in movement and portrait photography
- Founder of Light Language Workshops, independent online photography workshops and workshare community
- Expert in manual, strobe, and natural light photography
- Works photographing the performing arts in NYC for the last 14 years
- Educator for The School at Jacob's Pillow for 8 years
- Has spent the last decade developing her own experimental movement photography methods
- Shoots and prints color and black + white darkroom film photography
- Works and manages Caravaglia photo studio in Union Square, Manhattan
- Has photographed eleven Olympic Games
- At The New York Times, was one of a team of four editors who developed, produced and edited visual coverage at The New York Times Sunday Magazine.
• Former deputy picture editor for feature photography at Sports Illustrated
- Has photographed long term feature stories on cultural figures and artists, including Maya Lin, and Leonard Bernstein.
- Recently completed a year long photo documentation project of Asian American communities nationwide which was exhibited in the rotunda of the Russell Senate Office building in Washington, D.C.
- Specializes in photojournalism, documentary and travel photography
- Editorial clients include the Sunday Times of London, Economist, NBC Dateline News, AP, the San Francisco Chronicle, Traveler Overseas and Islands Magazine
- Traveled to Darfur in March - April 2006, and has held numerous exhibits to raise awareness and funding for the Friends of the World Food Programme
- Served with the Peace Corps for 2 years in Senegal, West Africa
- Architectural and Interior Design phototgrapher with a natural-lighting style
- Teaches at the International Center of Photography
- On the Board of Directors of ASMP.
- Clients: Architectural Digest Magazine, Landscape Architecture Magazine, New York Magazine, Elle Decor
Interiors Magazine, Historic Preservation Magazine, Simon and Schuster, Random House, Luceplan, Harman International, Velux America
-Food and Beverage
- Freelance Photographer and Video Producer
- Specializes in head shots, portraits, beauty, fine art, food, corporate events and retouching.
- Over 20-years experience as a videographer, editor and motion graphics artist.
- Has done video and or photography work for clients such as Gillette, BMS, The Institute for Advanced Study, HP, Pfizer, HudsonMod and FedEx.
- Photography for the cookbook, “Cooking with Trader Joes: Lighten Up!”
-Freelance photographer/video maker
-Affiliated with Aurora Photos
-Nominated for a Pulitzer Prize by the Philadelphia Inquirer
-Worked on assignment for such magazines as Fortune, Life, National Geographic, Newsweek, The Sunday New York Times, Time, etc.
-Two Fulbright fellowships, a grant from Nikon/N.P.P.A., a fellowship from the Pennsylvania Council on the Arts
- Photographer and Photojournalist with years of international experience
- Wildlife Safari and Travel Guide
- Loves teaching and sharing the craft of photography
- Chief Editorial Advisor at Digital Photo Academy
-Authored over 20 books on photography
-Editor at Large at Shutterbug magazine
-Associate professor at Parsons School of Design in New York City
-Member of the Technical Committee of the Technical Image Press Association (TIPA), worldwide organization of photo reporters & editors.
-Upcoming solo Exhibition at Ellis Island of "The New Americans" of portraits of recent immigrants
-Travel workshops in over 20 different world destination across all continents except Australia and Antarctica
-Author of 2 photo books
-Teaches around the world including Parson's in NYC, Maine Photographic Workshops in Rockport and Rhode Island School of Design, (RISD), in Rhode Island
- Photographs have appeared in New York Observer and The Agora National.
- Photography for album covers, merchandise, music festivals and fliers.
- Attending Photojournalism and Documentary Photography at the International Center of Photography in New York City.
-20X24 Holdings, LLC-Executive Director, owner of 20 X 24 Polaroid camera, one of 5 in the world
-International Center of Photography, Maine Media Workshops, Santa Fe Workshops annual workshop leader
-Palm Beach Photographic Center Instructor and Lecturer, Adobe Software
-Polaroid Corporation Artistic and Technical Director from 2000 to 2008
-award-winning photographer and writer
-published in National Geographic Traveler, Sports Illustrated, People, Time, Southern Living, Coastal Living, Portico, The New York Times, The Washington Post
-has published three coffee-table books: The Beauty Box, Shelter from the Storm and Home Sweet Home Alabama
- Utilizes bold colors and interesting perspectives to add Surrealism wonder to his imagary
- Portrait Photographer in New York City
- Attended School of Visual Arts (SVA) and Pratt Institute
-Travel assignments through the US and Canada
-Celebrity shoots including the likes of Paul Newman, Sylvester Stallone
-Commercial clients include BMW, Panasonic, IBM, Sony, Tamron, Oleg Cassini, Ford, Chevy, Traveling Moms, USO
-Photos published world-wide including U.S. credits Popular Photography, (including cover), Shutterbug, Pro Photo Daily, TakeGreatPictures, Indy Car Magazine
-Also teaches for Unique University and is a Panasonic Luminary
-Documentary, architectural, commercial and travel photographer
-Published books on Hawaii, New York and Florida
-Travel publication credits DK Travel Books, History Channel, Insight Travel Guides, Lonely Planet, Men's Journal, National Geographic, New York Times
-Other respected publication credits include Fortune, Guardian, Time and others
-Embedded with French Foreign Legion in Afghanistan- 2010